Last week, we excitedly shared the news that we were joining forces with Foursquare. And the outpouring of enthusiasm by clients, partners, and the industry at large has been tremendous. However, one question, which rings familiar, “can Placed be truly independent alongside Foursquare’s media business?” Overwhelmingly, the answer is YES! Just as it had been two years ago.
In June 2017, Placed was acquired by Snap, Inc. with the goal of delivering a truly independent “…yardstick that can measure the offline effectiveness of advertising across multiple platforms and publishers.” And we did just that. In the shadow of over a billion dollars in media (Snap), Placed has built the #1 attribution solution in market. That’s 500+ advertisers and 450+ publishers working with Placed across more than $2B+ in measured media in the last year alone.
With the acquisition by Foursquare, Placed will build on its established stance as the most widely used, independent location-based attribution platform:
- Placed powered by Foursquare will operate independently of Foursquare’s media business
- That means separate support teams, one for attribution clients, and another for media
- That also means zero exchange of advertiser or partner data between the teams
- Placed’s production infrastructure will operate separately from any media production infrastructure
- Placed will continue to maintain its Seattle office
- Service is uninterrupted for the +1,000 clients already benefiting from Foursquare and Placed technology.
If these points look familiar, that’s because they resemble the letter that I wrote in November 2017, CEO Letter: Continued Independence, Investment, and Innovation. The difference now is that we’ve since added over 150+ partners since, highlighting the trust that the market has put in Placed and now Placed powered by Foursquare as the independent leader in attributing store visits to advertising.
Thanks to our supporters, including Jeremi Gorman, Chief Business Officer of Snap, Inc., who said last week, “Together, Foursquare and Placed are a powerhouse in location technology and measurement, and we are excited to see how they invent the future of location. We look forward to continuing to work with them in many capacities, including measurement and location data, as we focus on building on the growing momentum in our advertising business.”
We look forward to sharing more news and proving our value and integrity to customers and partners.