To Our Customers, Partners, and the Industry:
In June, Placed agreed to join Snap to establish the de facto standard in offline measurement for the next decade. Prior to the announcement, Placed had established itself as the leader in location-based attribution with over $500MM in media measured in the past 12 months across thousands of campaigns and hundreds of partners. Placed achieved this level of success without selling a single ad, and instead focused on delivering one of the best-in-class attribution solutions for advertisers and publishers in a manner that is truly independent of media.
Post-close, both companies are committed to maintaining Placed’s position as an unbiased and independent leader in connecting ads to store visits. To reinforce Placed’s commitment to operating independently:
- Placed will operate independently of Snap, maintaining its brand and continuing to deliver offline attribution to 500+ advertisers and agencies
- Placed will continue to add new advertisers and partners to its client list
- Placed employees will operate separately from Snap employees
- Placed will continue to maintain its own offices, separate from Snap offices
- Placed’s production infrastructure will operate separately from Snap’s production infrastructure
- Placed will treat Snap in the same manner as the 300+ partners who utilize Placed Attribution and Placed will not share advertiser or partner data with Snap
In the first full month following the close of the acquisition (August), Placed experienced record growth. When comparing the month prior to the announcement (May) and the month following close (August), Placed experienced:
- 20.1% increase in impressions measured
- 13.1% increase in advertisers measured
- 19.2% increase in publishers, networks, and platforms
The adoption rates over the last three months are near all-time highs, which further quantifies Placed as a leading source for offline attribution. We are humbled by the demand that we’re seeing in the market, and the trust that 55 new publishers, networks, and platforms have put into Placed as the unbiased and independent source of truth when it comes to store visits attributable to media.
Adoption metrics alone don’t showcase the success that Placed has seen in the market. Since the news in June:
- Placed plans to increase investment in product significantly going into Q4. This includes a 400%+ increase in investment in TV
- Placed released a white paper highlighting the issues associated with exchange based location data, where 99% of the locations aren’t able to determine store visits
- STX and Horizon used Placed to measure the impact of digital and TV on the release of Bad Moms
- RetailMeNot utilized Placed Attribution to independently measure the impact of paid search on retail store visits
Snap’s acquisition of Placed was not designed as a roll-up, but rather as an investment in cementing Placed as the default platform for measuring the physical world. Placed aspires to be the location platform for the next decade throughout the world.
If you have any questions or concerns about Placed measurement, please do not hesitate in reaching out to me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Founder and CEO