Ability to Measure Store Visits Across Nearly 2,000 Businesses Now Freely Available through Placed Insights
Placed is making its location analytics platform, Placed Insights, available to the public at no cost. Launched in 2013, and utilized by hundreds of users across various industries including brick and mortar retail and restaurants, Placed Insights maps the real-world relationships between people and places.
“In the same way that Zillow’s Zestimate brought home value analytics to the masses, this evolution of Placed Insights will do the same for location analytics,” said David Shim, Founder and CEO at Placed. “We see very high demand for location analytics, yet adoption has been tempered by accessibility and cost to access an accurate and robust data set. Placed is taking the unprecedented step of education and investment in the industry by making location analytics available to all at no cost.”
Powered by 800 billion raw locations, 2.8 billion directly measured visits, and 94 million audited visits, Placed Insights to date has been a premium and paid service. With the announcement today, Placed is removing those barriers around Placed Insights, and open-sourcing access to one of the largest and most robust location analytics solutions in-market. Accessing Placed Insights is as simple as visiting placed.com, and entering any one of 1,900 businesses to garner robust location insights at no cost.
“When it comes to understanding the offline behavior of consumers, Placed is one of Taco Bell’s trusted partner,” said Lynn Hemans, Senior Director of Business and Social Intelligence. “Since partnering in 2016, Placed has been able to provide location analytics at a scale and accuracy that allows Taco Bell to take action against the data. In the past year, using Placed Attribution and Insights, Taco Bell has been able to deliver and optimize communication across media channels based on visitation.”
“Placed is a preferred location analytics and in-store attribution partner because of the scale of their privacy-compliant audience and the insights we uncover through their insights dashboard and cross-platform measurement solutions,” said Michele Siravo, VP, Managing Director, WHERE, at Horizon Media, Inc. “Access to Placed Insights has enabled us to enrich our strategic planning with location data – their foot traffic statistics are among a number of KPIs we ingest into Horizon’s proprietary data-driven integrated marketing platform, InfuseSM. Placed’s bold decision to open up its platform is an exciting opportunity for brands and agencies to gain a deeper understanding of their customers.”
The open-sourced version of Placed Insights will update on a monthly basis starting with January 2018. Insights generated from the platform include:
- The Most Popular Businesses in the US
- Walmart (2.43% of all visits), McDonalds (1.73%), Starbucks (1.11%), Walgreens (1.01%), Subway (0.85%), CVS (0.75%), 7-Eleven (0.73%), Target (0.66%), Dollar Tree (0.63%), Dollar General (0.59%)
- When One Door Closes, Another Opens in Retail
- Winn-Dixie Set to Close 200 Stores: Publix, Walmart, Albertsons and Tom Thumb set gains in visits
- Stein Mart Exploring Strategic Alternatives: Kohl’s, Ross, Old Navy, Marshalls, and Macy’s see high overlaps
- Whole Lot of Customers: Free 2 Hour Delivery from Whole Foods
- 25% of Whole Foods customers travel over 13 miles to nearest store (9% further out than other grocery stores)
- Bits and Mortars – Real-World Businesses Visited by Bitcoin Owners
- Auto: Hyundai (2.3x), Nissan (2.0x), BMW (1.2x)
- Restaurant: California Pizza Kitchen (2.5x), Hooters (1.6x), Outback (1.5x)
- Retail: Apple (1.8x), Whole Foods (1.5x), Trader Joe’s (1.3x)
- Netflix and Chili’s – Restaurants Most Frequented by Netflix Subscribers
- In-N-Out (31% higher visits), Chili’s (21%), Panda Express (19%), Jimmy John (13%), Chipotle (10%)
In addition to Placed Insights (Public, and Premium), Placed’s suite of products include Attribution, measuring the impact of ads on store visits, and Audience, enabling activation based on offline consumer behaviors.